“Thank you once again for your expert advice and guidance throughout the tortuous CMA merger clearance process. I am very relieved it is now all over with minimal impact on the business we purchased.”
Finance Director, UK's leading gaming services provider
“We have worked successfully with Vivienne on a number of client matters and greatly appreciate the support that she provides. She knows her subject and we have always found her advice to be prompt, practical and to the point.”
Managing partner, Mid-sized London law firm
Vivienne Robinson advises on all aspects of getting merger clearances from the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority and the EU’s Commission. We can guide you through the maze of strategic considerations involved, including:
- Has the regulator got the right to look at our transaction?
- If it does, do we really need to apply for a clearance?
- What are the risks and timing implications?
- What needs to go into the application?
- What are the affected markets?
- What arguments should we make?
- What is the procedure involved?
- What is the likely outcome?
- What will it cost?
Recent successes have included representing:
- the world’s leading bloodstock auctioneer on obtaining a merger clearance in respect of its acquisition of one of its two UK competitors;
- a large Austrian multi-national on obtaining a clearance for the acquisition of its only national competitor in the UK;
- the manufacturer of a market-leading construction product on obtaining a merger clearance when the company was sold to Kingspan PLC;
- a FTSE 100 company on obtaining a merger clearance for a large transaction involving an in-depth Phase 2 investigation;
- a national supplier on obtaining a clearance through the offer of remedies to avoid a Phase 2 investigation;
- a household name in its opposition to a large merger in the retail sector;
- a national supplier (one of only three in the UK) of a particular food product on its acquisition of an upstream producer; and
- numerous companies on preparing for a CMA investigation when no clearance was applied for, including two market leading companies on their simultaneous sale, without a clearance, to private equity.
01353 72 20 20
+44 1353 72 20 20 (International)